Monday, November 14, 2022

November recap

One of my objectives of this new era of the blog is to document my actual progress.

As a first version then, here is what has been on my work bench so far during November:

 

First out is finishing off two formations I've had lying around for a long time, and one recently acquired.

  • Newly released Eloi Crystal Lance tanks (to be played as Eldar Fire Prisms)
  • Eloi Jetbikes with two Support skimmers (Windrider formation, with a side board of two Vypers)
  • And one more Guardian formation, for the those important Core slots (enabling the smaller Troupes)

 

After their performance in my last game, I just had to put some paint on my Super Heavy Tanks (Tempest at Vanguard, played as Scorpion and Cobra in Epic).

The turrets are magnetized, so both can be played as either version. Each vehicle have a few bespoke details, to let the artisanal nature of Eldar war machines shine through.


These three have not technically been painted this month, but have had a final coat of matt varnish applied, so technically been worked on. Scale wise they can be played as either Revenant Titans or Wraithknights.

So far I have used two of them to stand in as Revenants, but that might change now that I have two Vanguard Harpies lying around...


Last week was something of a terrain binge, I have had several pieces of semi-completed terrain bits lying around, and also realized that I need some bigger items to hide behind (Eldar cannot take the same amount of punishment as many others...).


With that in mind I have painted up the ruins I made before, with a simple greyish schema, built a new bigger ruin with a bit more dirt and ground colour, and then made a small hill with trees on, to give a perfect place for infantry to take up defensive positions.

The trees are made from Green Stuff Worlds plastic Bush Armature, but they are perfect for 6mm trees, just add some flock. The hill itself is made from cork, as I find it to be both light and robust. It was painted in a similar fashion to the larger ruin, giving it a reddish dirt base with cheap acrylic highlights.

Last but not least comes the first batch of vehicles for the month, five transports for my poor bloody infantry... Four of them will probably end up transporting the infantry mentioned earlier, and the fifth will be a good starting point for an Aspect Warrior motor pool. All that remains is to put some contrast on the bone, and then pick out the details.

Score so far for the month:

18 bases painted!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment